Monday, November 24, 2008

New Prez, tooth pops and high-flying baby






I’ve had some really BIG things happen to me recently. If anyone is wondering, no I’m not crawling yet. I have everything lined up properly. I am in position, but I just don’t move forward. I can scoot backwards and roll across the room in the blink of an eye. Some people are predicting that I will walk before I crawl like my dad did. I’ve only just started learning how to pull myself up. I first did it by pulling on mom’s shirt to stand up. Now I’m doing it on dad. I also love to stand up and hold onto the couch. I’m not very stable yet, but can stand there for a good long time before I lose balance. I took my first plane ride to see my Grandma and Grandpa Kienow in Knoxville. I went with Mom. Dad stayed back in Winona and drank beer. I was a very good boy on the plane. I only had one small meltdown in the air, but put up with the layovers and flight delays. I even got compliments from people who told me how I was such a well-behaved boy on 2 of the flights. While I was in Knoxville, my bottom right tooth popped through! The signs had been there for a long time and finally at 9 ½ months I have a tooth. Now another one is on the way. Pretty soon I will be chewing like nobody’s business.

Halloween was only semi-memorable. We were all sick. Luckily, I “got” to dress up in my torture device also known as a dinosaur costume for Baby and Me class. Even though it made me super angry, I looked super cute once it was on. In a few years, I will be old enough to go trick-or-treating and all the other festivities that happen around Winona.

More big news! I went and voted with my parents on November 4th. We have a new President coming Jan 20th, 2009! Obama! An early birthday present for me!

Overall, my disposition has changed so much in the last month. I’m a much happier little boy. I can play on the floor with my toys for longer periods though I still like it better when someone plays with me. I’m smiling and laughing a lot more. Way less fussy. I sleep at night for longer periods. Hopefully, this isn’t just a stage.

Oh and how could I forget. I learned how to play guitar this month. Quite the accomplishment.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I had forgotten about your blog and I just checked in again, Love these pictures. What a cute, cute boy!